Council acknowledges the traditional Wotjobaluk owners of this land. Council pays its respects to Wotjobaluk Elders both past and present and extends that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People who are part of Hindmarsh Shire.
Respect, integrity, good leadership, surpassing expectations and enthusiasm.
At the heart of our values is our commitment to our community. Our values help build our culture and guide us in all our decisions, actions and interactions.
Our vision, our mission, our values
- We work together to build strong relationships with each other, our community and our other stakeholders
- We show consideration for one another and embrace each others differences
- We model ethical behavious in all our words and actions
- We are transparent and accountable
- Our interactions with others are based on honesty and trust
- We dare to explore new opportunities and challenge the way "things have always been done"
- We demonstrate the courage to do what is right
- We take responsibility and empower our community and employees to do the same
- We are flexible and receptive to new ideas
- We understand our community's needs and strive to exceed expectations
- We regularly review the way we do things so that we can continue to improve
- We believe achievement is more than measuring results, it is securing excellent, sustainable outcomes for our community
- We are united by our passion for our community
- We create a positive environment that promotes happiness, belonging and participation